The Remuneration Board’s annual report for 2017-18 was published in July 2018. The annual report outlines the work and the decisions it has undertaken during the last financial year. These decisions include:
- increasing the flexibility in how Members can utilise the allowances available to them in the Determination in order to meet their individual needs;
- increasing support staff salaries by 2.3 per cent in line with the 2017 figures for Wales in the Annual Survey of Hours and Earnings;
- increasing the office costs allowance by 5 per cent in line with consumer price index and to address the additional cost demands on the allowance.
These decisions were taken in line with the Board’s commitment to ensuring that Members are provided with the resources which will allow them to effectively fulfil their Parliamentary duties whilst demonstrating good value for money for the public purse.
The report also provides an overview of the Board’s forward work programme, which includes the:
- review of the Determination for the Sixth Assembly;
- review of staffing support for Members.
Read the annual report 2017-18.